We hope you’re ready to overload on cuteness, because we’ve got a special Phantom Thief to unmask today. Every good team needs a mascot, and that job has been bestowed upon the anthropomorphic cat-like… thing known as Morgana. You’re probably thinking, “what are you talking about?
That “thing” is obviously an adorable cat,” but we’ll have you know that Morgana (who absolutely hates being called a cat, by the way) is much more than that. This mysterious creature from another world is a professional thief and serves as a mentor figure to the disaffected youths in the Phantom Thieves. Most importantly, Morgana is the irreplaceable heart and soul of the team. Also, what other team in history has a mascot that can also TURN INTO A BUS?
Watch the Phantom Thieves’ mascot show everyone how it’s done in the new trailer. Plus, voice actor Cassandra Morris speaks about the challenges of playing a “main character mascot” in the new Q&A video!
Persona 5 is a game about the internal and external conflicts of a group of troubled youth who live dual lives. They have the typically ordinary day-to-day of a Tokyo high-schooler – attending class, after school activities and part-time jobs. But they also undertake fantastical adventures by using otherworldly powers to enter the hearts of people.
Their power comes from the Persona, the Jungian concept of the “self;” the game’s heroes realize that society forces people to wear masks to protect their inner vulnerabilities, and by literally ripping off their protective mask and confronting their inner selves do the heroes awaken their inner power, and use it to strive to help those in need. Ultimately, the group of Phantom Thieves seeks to change their day-to-day world to match their perception and see through the masks modern-day society wears.
The details of the two limited PS4 editions of the games are:
SteelBook Launch Edition – PlayStation 4 only ($59.99/CA$79.99)
Available only to PS4 pre-orders and a limited number of day-one purchases, while supplies last.
- ● SteelBook: The PS4 version will come specially packaged in a SteelBook collectible case, emblazoned with Persona 5 designs.
“Take Your Heart” Premium Edition – PlayStation 4 only ($89.99/CA$109.99)
Exclusive to the PS4 version of the game, the premium edition includes the following:
- ● Soundtrack CD: A selection of music from Persona 5 by legendary series composer Shoji Meguro in a CD wallet featuring P5 artwork.
- ● 4″ Morgana plush: Morgana the cat is not just the mascot of the Phantom Thieves, but is also a member–and also not just a cat! The premium edition includes an exclusive 4″ plush of Morgana.
- ● 64-page hardcover art book: This art book is full of concept sketches, character art, and more by character designer Shigenori Soejima.
- ● SteelBook: As strong as a vault, the game disc for the PS4 will come specially packaged in a SteelBook collectible case, emblazoned with Persona 5 designs.
- ● School bag: Designed after the traditional school bags in Japan, the exclusive replica bag comes complete with the Shujin Academy crest.
- ● Collectible outer box: Easily the largest premium edition in ATLUS’ history, the entirety of the “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition comes in a colossal collectible box.
Persona 5 will release on February 14 in the Americas and Europe, for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3.
Official Website: http://www.atlus.com/persona5
Phantom Thievesi Trailer:
Ryuji Sakamoto Trailer: