Insurgency’s “Early Access” invitation is an example of an indie development team working directly with its community to create a compelling combat experience, while distinguishing itself from mainstream shooters. The game moves away from a release-package publishing model to a persistent development process that adapts an established genre with the future of social gaming.
“Early Access,” a pre-beta look at the development of Insurgency, enables participants to talk and play with the developers, for the price of $19.99. This will provide players with the Early Access build, the subsequent Beta, and the final game when it ships later this year.
Insurgency is a first-person team-based shooter for up to 32-plus players designed for Windows PC and Mac OS X (and in the future, Linux), using Valve’s Source Engine and distributed through the Steam platform.
If the name Insurgency sounds familiar, that’s because it is based on the popular total conversion for Half-Life 2 — Insurgency: Modern Infantry Combat – that saw more than a million free downloads and was awarded the ModDB “Player’s Choice Mod of the Year” in 2007.
- ● Intense 32-plus player online action with a focus on teamwork
- ● Customizing the game’s arsenal to player’s preferred style
- ● Choosing from three unique classes that affect movement on the battlefield
- ● Highly immersive audio with 3D VOIP to coordinate with and track other players
- ● Playing the most popular maps and game modes, and helping the development team prototype new ones
Join “Early Access” Today.
Official Website: http://www.playinsurgency.com
Official Forums: http://www.playinsurgency.com/forums/